Twitter Updates

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Jack Carter for Nevada

jack carter nevada

In Nevada, Jack Carter is pushing all over the internets in his bid to end the re-election hopes of Senator John Ensign. First, after a great conversation at MyDD, Carter's campaign has a new myspace page.

And Sarah R. Carter has a new diary at DailyKos:
As many of you know, my Dad is Jack Carter, who's running for US Senate in Nevada. If you've followed my posts, you know that I am very bad at asking for money. In fact, I often rely on some kind soul in the comments to direct people to the contribution page on my Dad's website.

So, I'm really sorry, but if I never asked you for money, I wouldn't be doing my job as the netroots coordinator for my Dad's campaign.

Um . . . so . . . here it is:



Please donate to my Dad's campaign by clicking on the "Bet on Jack" banner.

The "Bet on Jack" banner will be updated constantly. We're really hoping that we can get it up to $50,000 by June 30, the end of the FEC fundraising quarter. Right now, we're at $13,679.53.

We've got a ways to go -- the way we'll get there is by having each person give what they can. We'll be grateful for even the smallest donations. If you've thought about contributing, but haven't yet, now is the time. If you've contributed before, but can afford to give a little bit more, please do so. If you're all tapped out, you can help by recommending this diary.

We need to translate the momentum we feel on the ground into dollars so that the powers-that-be will know that this campaign is taking off. We need to harness the netroots buzz and turn it into something that folks in Washington can understand. We need to let everyone know that we've got what it takes to win this thing. Let's get to it!

Thanks so much for your support!

Sarah


Also, a new (sketchy) Zogby internet poll has Carter's 36% to Ensign's 50.5%. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this race is only going to get more competetive. Nowhere do people hate the GOP overreach more than people who made the decision to move to Nevada for more liberty. Senator Harry Reid is one of the few people in Nevada who were born there. For most of the population, they moved there. Jack Carter says:
Elizabeth and I bought a condo in 2001 and moved to Nevada in 2002, expecting great weather, beautiful country, bright lights and interesting people. We found all those things, but we got something extra. We discovered a State which valued Freedom as much as we did, more than in any other place we've lived. That revelation touched our souls with the realization that we were Home.
If Jack Carter has the financial means to spread his message of stopping the GOP over-reach, he can win. Your support can help make that happen.

No comments: